Diversification in Gastronomy: moving towards a healthier and niche market
People are becoming more health conscious and more conscious of the labels found on food and drink products. The range of ‘gluten-free’ and ‘lactose free’ products being produced is growing and people are consuming more of these products.
This circuit involves visits to:
- Malta Dairy Products Ltd which started off as a milk production company but nowadays produces a wide range of cheeses, yoghurts, creams and milk including lactose free products.
- ELTY Food Ltd which is a company based at the Malta LifeSciences Park that offers services on calculating the nutritional value of the macronutrients of the products and the labelling legislation requirements on food products.
- Da Vinci Bakery based at the Hard Rocks Business Park manufactures a number locally-typical confectionary products (both sweet and savoury type) and is looking into diversifying its product range.
- Fifth Flavour Ltd based at the Hard Rocks Business Park has a team of highly trained chefs and pastry chefs. Fifth Flavour is an upmarket outside catering company that caters for weddings, events, private dining, canapé parties, seated meals, buffet parties & barbeques.
- Contribute Ltd which benefits from the services offered at TAKEOFF Business Incubator at the University of Malta is a charitable water organisation dedicated to help people get access to clean water and proper sanitation in Africa. For every bottle manufactured locally being purchased, part of the revenue goes to charity.
Customised visits to other manufacturing plants of interest around Malta and Gozo producing other foods and drinks may be organised through the Malta G&L agency.
Maximum number of group components:
List of seminars
Currently planned editions